Dynamics of Malaysian Apparel Industry
in Global Perspective
Restructuring , Firm Strategies and Industry Outcomes
November 2001 (Wednesday)
Time : 2.30 pm - 5.00 pm
Venue : Pelican Hotel, Batu Pahat, Johor.
In September 1999 a study on the Malaysian garment industry was initiated by a research team of the Institute for Development Studies Utrecht
(IDSU). This Malaysian research project is part of a larger, ongoing project on 'The Dynamics of the Apparel Industry in Southeast Asia in Global Perspective'. The main goal of the research was to uncover the effects of ongoing internationalisation and globalisation processes on local industry. The project was undertaken in several phases. The seminar
was presented by
Smakman, Phd. Candidate of Utrecht University of the Netherlands.
* Background & Goal
* Distribution and Coverage of Malaysian Apparel Industry
* Configuration of Production and Distribution Networks
* Main Characteristics of Malaysian Garment Industry
* Positioning of the Industry in an International Context
* SWOT Analysis of the Industry
* How to Overcome Weaknesses and Face Threats
* Firm Strategies and Repositioning Trajectories
* Discussion Panel
Seminar Notes are available at MKMA office.
Back to Index of Special Events