Department of Environment (DOE)
Malaysian Knitting Manufacturers Association (MKMA)
Date and Time : 1 April 2008 (Tuesday) at 10.30 am
Venue : Galaxy Hall, Crystal Inn, Batu Pahat, Johor.
1. Opening Address by Mr. Khoo Thieam Hock
2. Presentation on the “ Challenges in the balancing of Business & Environment Sustainability from the Small and Medium Enterprises prospective particularly the Malaysian Textile Industry” by Mr. Albert Lim, MKMA Vice President
3. Presentation on the the
Compliance Issue and Status of Batu Pahat Textile
4. Response from Y. Bhg Dato’ Hajah Rosnani Bt Ibrahim, Director General of DOE on the presentation
5. Comment by Dr. Ir. Shamsuddin Ab. Latif, Deputy Director General (Development) of DOE
Dr. Shamsuddin announced that the Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) effluent parameter shall be relaxed as follows :
Ř Region A From 50 mg/l to 80mg/l
Ř Region B From 100 mg/l to 200mg/l
Ř No relaxation on Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
Ř DOE is considering to add color as an additional standard at 100 - 200 ADMI.
6. Closing remarks on the dialogue by YB Ng See Tiong, ADNU Kawasan Parit Yanni, Johor.
7. Presentation of Souvenir to Y. Bhg Dato’ Hajah Rosnani Bt Ibrahim, Director General of DOE